加州大学论坛 UCBBS.org

标题: English Corner (Aug 7th) 6:30pm-8:30pm @ S-157 (Science Building) [打印本页]

作者: 诗心理用    时间: 2013-8-7 11:10
标题: English Corner (Aug 7th) 6:30pm-8:30pm @ S-157 (Science Building)
Dear friends,

How is going recently? Come to join our weekly English Corner for fun. Last Wednesday we talked about so many fantastic movies which were recommended by our movie buffs from different countries. A lot of fondly memories lived again! Though we have different cultures, we do love many of the same movies. Isn't it amazing?

Thinking about the topic of English Corner this week, “Arts and crafts”, I am reminded a recent trip with my friends to Sausalito, a small city near San Francisco. We walked on the street, with the cafeteria and ice cream shops on both sides of the street. It seemed like there was no much difference among different cities. Then we found some art studios, with collections of fabulous arts and crafts. Everything was well decorated and delicate, and soft music was played. At that very moment we found ourselves in a land of idyllic beauty.

I think it is the glamour of arts and crafts that beautifies our life, enriches our culture, as well as brings so much fun for us. Do you want to share with us your experience with arts and crafts? Or do you want to learn how those crafts are made? Come and join us! We will start from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm. We will meet at the same place, Room S-157, which is located on the first floor of the Science Building and close to Cole Hall. Welcome all of you to join our EnglishCorner.

“Tart to Tart” will still open in this Friday (August 9th) evening at the cafeteria, which is at 641 Irving St, between 7th Avenue and 8th Avenue. It will start from 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm.
Handouts are attached as below. Please feel free to download it or print it out.

Best,
Yi

欢迎光临 加州大学论坛 UCBBS.org (https://ucbbs.org/bbs/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2